Hospitality Facilities (Hotels/Restaurants)
Hospitality facilities such as hotels and restaurants often undergo renovation and change in floor plan that requires strengthening of floors, beams, columns, piles submerged in water, seawalls, etc. Our engineered Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) solutions offer fast, long-lasting and economical repair alternatives to owners, architect/engineers and contractors to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and with minimum disruption of business. Repairs with FRP do not result in enlargement of the structural members such as walls and columns. This means the same floor area remains available after the repairs for future revenue generation
Some of the repair and strengthening projects in hospitality facilities, hotels and restaurants that can benefit from QuakeWrap® engineered FRP solutions are:
- Strengthening of floors, beams, columns and walls as a result of change of use in existing buildings, e.g. adding more load on a mezzanine floor
- Seismic strengthening of hotels and restaurant and buildings to make them more resilient in the event a major earthquake occurs
- Repair of corrosion damaged columns, floors, stairways, etc. in parking garages, etc. with PileMedic®
- Repair of corrosion-damaged seawalls and submerged piles in waterfront facilities using SPiRe®
- Strengthening around the areas where openings are made through floors or walls
In most cases, QuakeWrap engineers can provide a complete “turnkey” design-build solution that includes sealed engineering drawings by our in-house engineers, all of the materials needed, and installation by one of our approved and certified installers. This unique turnkey design-build approach results in significant efficiency, time and cost-savings, and minimizes the potential errors and delays that can result when multiple groups are involved in one project.
QuakeWrap® also welcomes the opportunity to partner with owners, architects, engineers and contractors by providing any single aspect of the project, i.e., design, materials, or installation for a specific project.